Wednesday 7 May 2008

Fun With Leeches




Question: How do you get rid of a leech without salt or fire?

I took the kids to Sungai Congkat this morning. It has a fast flowing stream with clear icy waters that is very popular over the weekends. It was deserted on a Friday morning. We were about to step into the water when my son found two small leeches on his leg. Now I have no experience with handling leeches. I had no salt and no fire. So we tried to drown them by keeping his feet under the cold waters. But they remained firmly stuck. I had another idea. You know how leeches walk - head over feet over head. When my son took his foot out of the water they started moving. It's very difficult to remove a leech when its head is stuck to your flesh. So I waited for the precise moment when the head was up to brush it off. It worked! But somehow it ended up next to my son's crotch! And it was inching closer and closer to his nuts!

My son, of course, was going crazy, yelling and screaming! Fortunately he was wearing swimming trunks. So I pressed his trunks to his flesh so the leech wouldn't go under. The leech got on top of his trunks and my son pulled them off frantically. I then got the leech off his swimming trunks with a stick. We tried the same technique with the other leech and it came off as well. It must be a truly memorable experience for my son. Hahaha!

Email

999rich@gmail.com